Awareness Programme on Value Added Products from Fruits and Vegetables APVPFV IGNOU
Objectives: The main objectives of the programme are:
This programme has been developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Government of India.
- Imparting knowledge and skills for minimizing the post-harvest losses, primary processing of fruits and vegetables at the production areas/clusters and production of value-added products from Fruits and Vegetables.
- Developing entrepreneurship and skill development for self-employment in food processing and associated activities
- Any 8th standard passe out who can read and write Hindi or English or regional language who is a Progressive farmer or good producer of the fruits and vegetables. Farmers may be selected from one block so that they have close geographical proximity
- A farmer or office bearer of the Association of Fruits and Vegetables / Horticulture Association, (if any) in the district (developed by MoA under Horticulture Mission).
- Entrepreneurs involved in the procurement/processing of Fruits and Vegetables.
- Farmers/Farm Women/Representatives of the Farmer’s Interest Group/Farm Women Self Help Group sponsored by Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) of the district.
- The representative of NGOs, Government Undertaking, Mandies, Cold Storage who are directly dealing with preservation, processing and Marketing of Fruits and Vegetables.
- The representative of NGOs, Government Undertaking, Mandies, Cold Storage who are directly dealing with preservation, processing and Marketing of Fruits and Vegetables
- Field level functionaries of the State Departments of Agriculture and Allied Departments.
The medium of Instruction: English and Hindi
Duration: Minimum one and a half months and Maximum six months; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs. 1000/- for full programme
Programme Details: There are specific courses in this non-credit awareness programme. The study material is divided into small modules (9 modules). The study materials code is NPV-001. Preference will be given to Farm Women
The study materials include nine modules. The topics covered are as follows:
|Module||Title of the Module||Credits|
|Module-2||Post-harvest management of fruits and vegetables||0|
|Module-3||Factory Standards and Product Specifications||0|
|Module-4||Processing and Value Addition||0|
|Module-6||Packaging of fresh fruits and vegetables and their processed products||0|
|Module-7||Marketing of fresh fruits and vegetables and their processed products||0|
|Module-8||Setting-up of an enterprise||0|
|Module-9||Institutional support to the entrepreneurs||0|