Certificate in Home Health Assistance CHHA
A Home Health Assistant (HHA) can be defined as a trained and certified health-care worker who provides assistance to a patient in the home with personal care (as hygiene and exercise) and one who monitors the patient’s condition. The Home Health Assistance (HHA) is a short duration skill-based training program, with an
objective to develop a pool of trained workforce who can be employed to provide patient support and assist other health care providers in home settings.
With the increase in non-communicable diseases, critically ill patients and accidental cases, there is greater evidence of the requirement of home-based assistance. Many home health assistants also work in assisted living facilities, which provide independent living in a homelike group environment, with professional care available as needed.
The program aims at making a student competent to perform the following skills:
- Demonstrate Skills of general hygiene and grooming, bathing procedures and guidelines, mouth, eye, ear, skin, hair, nail and foot care.
- Demonstrate Skills of feeding the patient, taking care of elimination needs and procedures.
- Demonstrate skills to enable geriatric/paralytic/immobile patient to cope with changes to their health and environment including preventing risk of falls
- Demonstrate Basic Life Support, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and other actions in the event of medical and facility emergencies.
- Practice infection control measures promote safety, list usage of protective devices and right methods of biomedical waste management at home level.
Eligibility: 10+2 Pass .
Medium of instructions: English
Duration: Minimum 6 months and Maximum of 2 years; admission in both January & July cycle.
Fee Structure: Rs.6,000/-for full Programme
No. of Seats: 20-30 in each Study Centre.
|Course Code||Course Title||Nature of Course||Credits||Download|
|BHT-16||Basic Home Health Assistance||Theory||4|
|BHT-17||Applied Home Health Assistance||Theory||2|
|BHTL-18||Skills for Home Health Assistance||Practical||12|