Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution Electrical Technicians CCPD IGNOU
Certificate of Competency in Power Distribution (for Electrical Technicians) (CCPD), programme has been developed by the School of Engineering & Technology, IGNOU in collaboration with the Ministry of Power under IGNOUMoP. Project towards implementing the competency-based skill development training for the electrical technicians/ equivalent level workforce of the country. The main objectives of this programme are to :
- To offer a need-based and tailor-made academic programme for the specific need of technicians/equivalent level workforce engaged in the electricity sector
- To train, assess and certify the skills and competencies of electrical technicians,
- To provide better industrial education linkage by matching learner’s educational needs while collaborating with professional bodies,
- To help technicians to improve their ability and to make them eligible for acquiring further knowledge/training/ educational qualification,
- Provide more accessible and quality skill development training that meets the real work needs of the power industry
- To develop entrepreneurial skills in the learners,
- An employment-related educational programme aiming at increased job potential and economic activities Who can be benefited by this programme (Target group):
- Electrical Technicians or Manpower working in Power distribution sector /Electricity Sector;
- Candidates aspiring to take up a job in the electricity sector/working in relevant field min. 8th passed;
- Electrical Technicians having or pursuing trade certificate in Electrician /Lineman /Wireman /Electric Fitter or related trade;
- Electrical Technician having a license for Foreman/ Lineman/Wireman or license in the relevant area of expertise;
- Candidates having electrician apprenticeship
- Candidates with ITI / Dip./Deg. (passed/pursuing) interested in relevant field.
Eligibility: Electrical Technicians /Equivalent tradesman or manpower working in electricity/power sector OR General candidates or private electrical technicians 8th passed minimum
The medium of Instruction: English/Hindi
Fee Structure: Rs. 3,200/- for full programme
Duration: Minimum 6 months and maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July session.
Bulk Registration: Contact Programme Study Centre (PSC), Students are sponsored in bulk by power organisations/
PSCs; Filled in Application forms in bulk along with programme fees are received by Regional Centre(RC) concerned.
Individual Registration: Contact nearest IGNOU Regional Centre (Regn. Programme Study Centre (PSC). Candidates can obtain admission application forms from IGNOU, Regional Centre, and also can download the
Duration: Minimum 6 Months and Maximum 2 years; offered in January & July cycle of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs. 2,700/- for full
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits||Download|
|OEE 1||Electricity and Safety Measures||4|
|OEE 2||Power Distribution System – Basics||4|
|OEEL 1||Practical in Power Distribution||8|