Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies MGPS IGNOU
- To provide opportunities of higher studies to the learners
- To provide quality education at the post-graduate level in theoretical and applied Gandhian & Studies Peace. Conflict Management and Social Regeneration
- To provide a-depth knowledge in the area of Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution and enable the learners to specialize in one of the Gandhian models of development.
- To provide the learners with the opportunities of continuing higher education at the M.Phil/PhD level.
- To widen the scope of the learners for further research, training and career opportunities in economic, social, gender, political, environmental and sustainable development issues.
- To enable the learners to join careers in teaching research, NGOs in Peacemaking and Peacebuilding.
IGNOU MGPS Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University.
Medium of Instruction: English and Hindi.
IGNOU MGPS Duration: Minimum 2 years and Maximum 5 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
IGNOU MGPS Fee Structure: Rs. 9,600/- for full programme to be paid year wise @Rs. 4,800/- per year.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits||Download|
|MGP 1||Gandhi: The Man and His Times||4|
|MGP 2||Philosophy of Gandhi||4|
|MGP 3||Gandhi’s Social Thought||4|
|MGP 4||Gandhi’s Political Thought||4|
|MGPE 6||Gandhi’s Economic Thought||4|
|MGPE 7||Non-violent Movements after Gandhi||4|
|MGPE 9||Gandhi in the 21st Century||4|
|MGPE 14||Gandhi, Ecology and Sustainable Development||4|
|MGP 5||Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution||4|
|(Optional) Choose only 28 credits|
|MGPE 8||Gandhi Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolutions||4|
|MGPE 10||Conflict Management, Transformation and Peace Building||4|
|MGPE 11||Human Security||4|
|MGPE 12||Women and Peace||4|
|MGPE 13||Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict||4|
|MGPE 15||Introduction to Research Methods||4|
|MGPE 16||Human Rights: Indian Perspective||4|
|MGPE 17||*Project Work||8|
* Dissertation ( 8 credits): Project Work is optional and may be taken up in lieu of two 4 credit courses. Project work with experiential the dimension will encourage empirical studies on social problems going Gandhi movements etc.