Post Graduate Certificate in Adult Education PGCAE
This programme aims at providing an opportunity to all those interested in pursuing short-term professional development and capacity building programme in adult education. It will be useful to the graduates interested in working at the grassroots level as well as to those with Masters Degree or even higher qualification and interested in seeking a career at the middle or higher level in the field of adult education, extension and allied areas.
- To promote professional competence and capacity building of all those interested in the field of adult education, extension and allied areas.
- To develop their knowledge and understanding of various aspects of theory, policies and programmes of adult education.
- To promote their understanding of diverse approaches to organizing and managing an adult learning set-up.
- To improve their knowledge and understanding of participatory curriculum planning, development and transaction as well as participatory training, evaluation and research in adult education.
- To enhance their ability to critically analyse, appreciate and promote the role of adult education in the emerging social, economic, political, cultural and other situations at different levels.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University/ Institute
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 6 months and Maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July cycles of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs.3,200/- for full programme
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits||Download|
|MAE 1||Understanding Adult Education||6|
|MAE 2||Policy Planning and Implementation of Adult Education in India||6|
|MAEL 2||Practical Work: Community-based Practical Activities||3|
Programme Study Centres
All the Programmes Study Centres (PSCs) of IGNOU where either MA(Education) or MEd or BEd programme of IGNOU is on offer are provisionally the PSCs for PGCAE as well.