Post Graduate Certificate in Agriculture Policy PGCAP
The Post Graduate Programme in Agriculture Policy seeks to develop human resource for planning, development and implementation of national policies in agriculture. The objectives and salient features of the agriculture policy framework
along with strategies and issues should be known to all the stakeholders of the system for effective implementation of development programme. The Programme covers various aspects essential for the policy formulation in order to achieve overall economic development of the country. Some of the main aspects pertaining to stages and factors in Indian agricultural development process, components of policy formulation, international and national trade policies, intellectual property rights, research and development policy. The target group includes persons/organizations involved and graduates desirous to involve in policymaking and implementation at the state/regional and central levels having a stake in agriculture and rural development.
The specific objectives of the programme are to:
- Create an understanding of the salient features of the agriculture policy framework among policymakers, implementers and other stakeholders of the system for its effective implementation.
- Develop human resource for:
- Identification of strategic issues with reference to national policies in agriculture;
- Analysis of policy aspects and its operationalization; and
- Development of an implementation framework for agriculture and rural development policies.
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 6 months and Maximum 2 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs.3,600/- for full programme
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits||Download|
|MNR 1||Indian Agricultural Development||4|
|MNR 2||Agricultural Policy: Formulation, Components, Process,
Implementation and Comparative Analysis
|MNRE 15||Cooperatives and Farmers’ Organizations||4|
|MNRE 16||Project Analysis||4|