Certificate in Fashion Design CFDE
The programme aims at preparing students for employability in the Indian apparel industry. It will develop basic knowledge and skills in pattern making and sewing techniques. The programme will cater the needs of those who aspire to make their careers as assistant designers in the apparel sector/export sector/want to become
an entrepreneur/would like to update their existing knowledge and skills specifically in pattern making and sewing.
- Develop basic knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of fashion design.
- Develop an understanding of the fashion industry in India and across the globe.
- Impart fundamental knowledge of textiles.
- Impart skills in digital technology in CAD.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of pattern making skills and sewing techniques.
- Develop entrepreneurship and communication skills.
Eligibility: 10+2 (Senior Secondary)
Medium of Instruction: English
Duration: Minimum 6 Months and Maximum 2 years; admission in both January & July cycle.
Fee Structure: Rs. 5000/- for full Programme.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits||Download|
|Fundamentals of Fashion Design||4|
|Basics of Pattem Making and Sewing||4|
|Introduction to Fashion Industry||4|
|BFD-74||Communication and Entrepreneurship||4|
Delivery of the Programme: The Programme is being offered at selected study centres only. For details,
Please check IGNOU’s web page i.e www.ignou.ac.in.