Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management PGDDM
The major objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to the learners on disaster preparedness, mitigation and rehabilitation.
- Enable the learners to carry out risk assessment and vulnerability analysis.
- Generate community awareness, and strengthen institutional mechanism for community mobilisation and participation in disaster management.
- Develop communication skills for disaster preparedness.
- Create greater awareness about effective disaster response in various emergency situations.
- Equip learners with tools for meeting emergency medical requirements.
- Incorporate gender sensitive disaster management approach; and
- Inculcate newskills and sharpen existing skills ofgovernment officials, voluntary activists, development professionals and elected representatives for effective disaster management.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management shall cater to the needs of the following target groups:
- Government functionaries
- NGO functionaries and Volunteers
- Military, Para-military, Police, Home Guards, and Civil Defence personnel
- Geologists, Scientists, Meteorologists, Engineers, Administrators, and other Government and Public Sector Undertakings officials
- Rural Development Functionaries, Primary Health Centres Functionaries, Relief Workers, Social Workers, Environmentalists, etc. and
Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline
Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
Duration: Minimum 1 year and Maximum 4 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.
Fee Structure: Rs. 6,300/- for full programme
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits||Download|
|MPA 1||Understanding Natural Disasters||4|
|MPA 2||Understanding Man-made Disasters||4|
|MPA 3||Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Analysis||4|
|MPA 4||Disaster Preparedness||4|
|MPA 5||Disaster Response||4|
|MPA 6||Disaster Medicine||4|
|MPA 7||Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Recovery||4|
|MPAP 1||Project Work||4|
|MED 4*||Towards Participatory Management||4|
* Course is available in English only